Social Recruiting

A common myth of recruiting is, “if I focus my efforts on having the best, well-written job description, that will make me stand out above my competitors…”


As much as this should make sense, it is only going to work for a small percentage of job seekers. According to LinkedIn, 70% of the global workforce is made up of passive talent who aren’t actively job searching, and the remaining 30% are active job seekers.*


Those 70% are not necessarily turned off from a new opportunity, if one were to present itself. However, how will you reach that large percentage if they are not even searching for your job opportunities to see your outstanding job description?


Social Recruiting. In an increasingly competitive environment, you have to grasp the importance of having a presence on Social Media. Some top platforms you should utilize are:


  • Facebook

  • Instagram

  • Youtube

  • Google Search

  • Snapchat

  • LinkedIn


The majority of these are FREE to use. How could you not take advantage of them? Using eye catching graphics or photography and personable, short-yet detailed captions, will not only help attract candidates, but source them.


However, there is another piece to this puzzle. If you are going to be advertising job opportunities on social media platforms, you must have professional and up-to-date social media accounts. If a potential candidate sees your ad or post, they will 99% of the time go to your website or social media profile to view your company before applying. If they are directed to a social media account that has not been used for anything but recruiting and shares nothing about their employees, or to a website that has not been updated in 5-10 years, most passive candidates would not be willing to leave their current employer for you.


So, if those 70% passive candidates will not go to you, you must go to them. Even though they might not be actively searching for opportunities, they are actively scrolling through social media. Investing in your social media presence will never be a waste of resources.


Do you need help with your social media? You’re at the right place. Head on over to our Amenity page and schedule a consultation with our marketing team today!



*LinkedIn-Hiring Statistics



Victoria Garlough, Client Support Representative

Eden Resources, LLC